Monday, August 17, 2009

One Week Down

I am so excited! I stood on the scales this morning and I have lost 6 pounds this week. That's a good amount for the first week. I have eaten my fair share of food and not been hungry, and I've even had chocolate a few times. I can't see the point in denying myself totally - I'd just give up, so I factor it into my plan for those times when you just "need" some!

I've walked on Monday, Wednesday and Friday for about 1/2 an hour and on Sunday for 1 1/4 hours, so not even a huge amount of exercise. It's felt good to get out and about though. I've now arranged with a friend to do the weekday walks, so we are going to keep each other motivated. I thought I wanted to do it alone and have my thoughts to myself, but I think it will be good to run them past my friend - and she can run hers past me. That'll be good, too.

This morning she drove over and took me to the beach. Gee it was nice to walk along the beach and watch the early morning surfers and skyscape happening. I feel lovely and fresh, despite walking for an hour and yakking the whole way! Well, no hills for a start - my "street" walk involves hills...

And what am I eating? Well, yesterday I had:

Breakfast: an egg, scrambled with some mushrooms, onion and some parsley on a piece of soft grain toast and an apple.

Lunch: jacket potato with salmon - take a 5-6oz potato and microwave in it's jacket, fill with 100g salmon mixed with a pile of vegetables that have been lightly cooked together, such as (chopped or grated) onion, celery, capsicum (pepper), zucchini, carrot and garlic and mixed with 1 tablespoon extra light sour cream. Served with a salad of chopped tomato, red onion, lebanese cucumber and capsicum. I don't like dressings really, I just like a little salt and pepper.

Afternoon: 3 crackers with peanut butter smear and mung bean sprouts (lovely combination), an orange and a low fat hot chocolate drink.

Dinner: steak (as big as my palm) cooked in a spray of olive oil with a bit of garlic, served with some pumpkin, snow peas, green beans, half a tomato and 1/2 cup of pasta.

After: a small low fat chocolate bar and another piece of fruit.

So the easy week is over. Starting is always easy. Now I just have to keep it up whatever the weather of my emotions.