Tuesday, August 25, 2009

New Clothes, Nearly.

I had an interesting morning yesterday - it was a very warm day yesterday, the hottest August day for quite a few years. Even at dawn, when I was out for my walk, it was warm - much warmer than dawn should be, lol... Anyway, after the usual morning routine I thought I should have a look at what summer clothes I might have that fit, as it obviously wasn't going to be a fluffy slippers and cardi kind of day.

In the end I pulled absolutely everything out of my wardrobe and decided to try the lot! I knew I was a size down because I'd been shopping during the week with my mother, so I thought I'd see what was good to wear now. I had quite a range of stuff in there in different sizes. I know quite a few women who have several sizes of clothes in their wardrobes. I know a few that have never put on an ounce, too. Let's not discuss those ones though, LOL...

It took longer than I expected, but it was actually quite a lot of fun. I ended up with four piles - the winter jumper pile; the too big now pile; the fits pile and the one size down still pile. The too big pile has already gone to the op shop, never to be seen in this household again! Woo Hoo! I now have a new wardrobe to wear, that I couldn't fit in last summer. I'm so disgusted to think it was soooo close all last year and I didn't make the effort. Tsk! I'm so pleased that it fits now. Yay! A whole new selection to wear and it didn't cost me a thing.